I just studied the OGL specs some more and geometry shaders is one of the extensions that are added to the core so that is nice. There is also a new version of Vertex Buffer Objects that is suposed to be simpler then the current workings.

They also introduced a deprication model which says which functionality will be dropped in future versions. For example displaylists, Vertex arrays and inmediate mode will disapear in future versions. Personaly I think this is a bad system. The ARB has been discussing OGL 3 for 3 years now and this model will only slow them down even more. This since they have to start discussing even more for future OGL versions. Are they going to discuss the OGL 4 specs for 6 years now because they need to take in account the stuff they want to drop in OGL 5?? :? Only time will tell.

Personally I hope the reaction of the community to OGL 3.0 will "RE" trigger the design cycle of the OGL api and that the next version will have all the new features and redesign they promised for OGL 3.0.