I work on Flash (Actionscript 2 and 3) for a living, and it's a really bad language. Something interesting is Actionscript 1 has some features suspiciously similar to Pascal, like "and", "or" and "Variable: Type" syntax. Later on it became more Java/Javascript like. Actionscript 3 is better, but still sucks. The worst part is that programmers that begin with Actionscript get really really bad programming habits. For example, they place code recursively inside movie layers, frames, objects... and inside all that is an include directive to a file that has the actual code!! Yes, I have seen all that, and it's so hard to maintain :x

Indeed, a few days ago I had a funny conversation with a partner, who had worked mostly with Java and C#. I installed Oxygene at work to have some fun, after having so much pain with actionscript. My partner was watching me defining some classes in Pascal. He said "I don't like that Pascal syntax"... "begin, end, I like brackets better, are faster"... I just told him that's more elegant, and also shown him how you can define types and variables easily in blocks, instead of writing "public var", "private var", "static public var", "static private var" for each single variable. I didn't hear any more complains after that :lol: