Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pixelgarden: cellular automata game

Re: Pixelgarden: cellular automata game

ASCII FTW!!! It made me smile , reminds me of the good old day's I worked still with DOS.
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

you need to take a ASCII monkey and a bit of Math generated background...
    you got the code in the file... and Turbo Delphi sounds good, I will give it a try

Yeah, it reminds me of my first 3D engine. It was a ray tracer, ASCII rendered (80x25)
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

there are some amizng demos in ASCII, I like them more then the graphics ones.

you can take a look
    [urlhttp://taat.fi/tmdc/index.html[/url]

Blog Entries

skobin: The sad case is not you,but your situation. BP7 was discontinued looong ago. The idea that people still use it is mind boggling since there are so many newer and better things out there still using Pascal. If you would like a modern compiler/IDE that will help you update all your existing code, try either Lazarus or FPC, yes. Or some version of Delphi. (Turbo Delphi is the free one out of all of them.) As Jeremy says you might have some issues doing code translation to Delphi only if you have been using OOP, but that depends on what you used and how it was used of course.

Personally, I highly recommend Lazarus especially if you are working with console programs. Lazarus (it uses Free Pascal as it's compiler) has a few advantages over Delphi which are:

1) It's FREE!
    2) It's cross-platform capable, Delphi is not. (Unless you are using Delphi Prism which will allow you to use .NET and XNA only.)
    3) IDE is more customizable than Delphi since I've last seen. (Does it still have that ugly pink bar that follows your cursor? )
    4) Free Pascal, the compiler it uses, is the most syntax compatible compiler out there. All you have to do is configure it via Lazarus' very simple 'Compiler Options' settings.

Now Delphi Prism, is a totally different animal from Delphi it's self. It specifically does .NET 3.5 not Win32 or anything else. But because of this it is the only one that allows you to do XNA and because of that you can also create XBox360 games too. One of the most attractive things about it really.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12