Hey paul, no problem using ExtractFilePath(ParamStr(0)) just make sure that you supply /'s and not \'s. This works in windows too as an added bonus (/'s instead of \'s) thus no code changes. In linux the \ is passed directly and the underlying OS may shit itself on an \#0 sequence (thats what your sending at times).

Anyways, here is a zip file with an SDL app that compiles and runs in both windows and linux (I actually share my laz projects folder between the two and edit in both at the same time some times). Its incomplete, kinda jumbled up, and in general a mess, but it works and it runs in both (binaries are included). It also has my slightly modified version of SDL with it (I'm running an old version and refuse to update from being too stuborn). Download at http://www.eonclash.com/PGD/mygame.zip

Hope it helps. Right now its just setup to show a character on the screen and move them around with the arrow keys (nothing fancy). In windows I pull 200FPS in Ubuntu on Windows via VirtualBox (or PenDrive) I get about 33FPS so definite difference. Course I test on a seperate Ubuntu box anyways, just like having all my dev tools on one box

- Jeremy