Here's a quick competition update...

One of our guest judges (Vicki from Cengage) has had to pull out due to work commitments, so we have four judges. WILL and Traveler, Yuriy (aka Lifepower) from Ixchel Studios and Teri-ann (aka Spirit) from Outer Reaches Studios.

All the scores are in, I'm just trying to finish off the competition site so we can get it all sorted properly, plus as WILL has mentioned, he's writing an article for Pascal Gamer which I have to provide some content for. I'm still working on that.

Also, as many of you will already know DeleD is going open source, so after talking things over with Jeroen, it's been decided that they will withdraw the prizes they were providing as everyone will be able to download a full copy of their product in January.

From my perspective, this years competition has been a little disappointing in terms of the number of final entries... we had 15 teams I think it was that signed up and provided a design document, but then, even with an extension of 2 months, only 4 teams submitted a final entry. So, this is a request to everyone... what can we do differently next time to improve things. Please email me directly on athena at outer hyphen reaches dot com with your comments and suggestions. The flipside to a lack of final entries is that we could find it more difficult to secure sponsorship if potential sponsors don't think they're going to get value for money. So, improving the turnout is important.

And on that note, I shall get back to working on the competition site, ready to get the results released, so stay tuned