I guess this post is a bit late, but oh well I was kinda busy at the time I think... I'm sticking to that story.

So for ideas for your game's story... hmm... a large scale war between all different races is raging and the human race, the newest to the conflict is trying to make sense of it all and ultimately resolve the conflict if possible. Each race has a specific beef with another race that can be resolved only with intervention of a 3rd party and it just so happens that the only major race that hasn't ticked anyone off, yet!, is the humans. The premise of the game could be simply to ally with all the 'good races' and create a peace between them while trying to defeat all the 'evil races'. Once all the undefeated races are allied with you and there aren't any remaining apposing races, you win. yay!

I can't help but think of Star Control 3 when I see this game, so I apologize if the general plot seems familiar. It would be cool if each race had their own look and musical theme kind of like Star Control 3 and Ascendancy. Those games were cool and the atmosphere elements made the whole game feel very exciting.