Mrwb
I would be really interested in contributing, but my programming skills are somewhat limited, I'm still in the learning process

So if there is anything I can do wich doesen't require really advanced programming, please let me know.
No problem here... I do suggest you look into cvs stuff as that is the only way that you can get and send data to the project.

noeska
please do not use asm, only pure object pascal code please! That way we keep the project open for compiling on mac os. (yes there is an object pascal compiler for mac-osx!)
Mixing is done using openal. (multiple source). Also no mixing should be done by software. OpenAL wil use hardware-mixing when available.
It makes things harder to program, but the end result will be better, both in speed and portability.
That was the origal plan anyway. I was only saying that in case it did become an issue later.

I was also planning on writing it so that it will compile in not only delphi/kylix but it will also compile in Free Pascal. I'm playing with 1.9 for right now.

I grabbed your player code and will look at it in the morning to get an idea as to where to go from here.

What file formats are we all interested in?

-Jeremy