Thread: C/C++ vs Pascal

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    I totally agree with chronozphere, Learning lots of languages is the way to go, it does indeed, without a doubt make you a better programmer.

But OOP is my favourite language and it will always be.

From a pure project perspective, if I have a task to complete that requires a native language I can always complete the job faster in OOP. And that's not because it's my strongest language, if anything my strongest language is C++ but when dealing with a large complex system, the OOP style leads to far less bugs which on any sizable project will always be the dominating factor, no matter how good you are.

Of course, if your project is on Windows and doesn't require blistering performance? .NET offers faster development times than both (although not strictly because of garbage collection! believe me, on a large, memory hungry project? it *will* become more trouble than it's worth)

But Native Code? can't beat OOP for time to market, Borland knew this, Embarcadero knows this.

And picking up development on existing project? (other than .NET) OOP wins again, I'd of moved on to the next class in OOP while I'd still be studying the previous one in C++

if it was a subject I knew as well as a C++ competitor? I'd always win in an implementation race.
    Last edited by phibermon; 22-09-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.