Blog Entries

Article: Enter the Oxygene Programming Language

Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hmm maybe I should give Oxygene another look

The link in the article is broken, btw

Blog Entries
    This new "language" does have some merit and it is a solution for many of the other newer mobile platforms. (WP7, Android and possibly BlackBerry) Should you be a fan on managed/interprited code then it's a perfect solution for those who like the Object Pascal language.

There is even a physics engine for Java called JMonkeyEngine that was made for Oxygene for Java (Cooper). Here is the link to a video demo by Jim McKeeth here.

Actually here is the embeded version from YouTube!

Blog Entries
    Here are a couple more videos about developing for Android and Windows Phone 7 with Oxygene...

Enjoy!

Thanks for the videos WILL, I will have a play very soon!

Blog Entries
    Now, reading the thread was a YAAAAY moment... But visual studio. Are there any Linux alternatives the PGD community could recommend? I know a lot of KDE stuff was written with oxygene and its one of those things I've been eyeing and thinking one day... Maybe one day...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    I think you might be in the same boat as the Embacadero camp with regards to development vs. target platforms. You might be stuck with Windows for development regardless of your intended target platforms.

You could inquire with them to see if there is a Linux solution on the horizon, otherwise Linux monkeys will have to settle with just Free Pascal and Lazarus.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    What a shame. I have to admit that although I was not a user at the time, I felt the world had become a little less the day embarcadero bought out remobjects... Although its of not much relevance my searching for Oxygene on linux brought up Monodevelop for some reason (its in all the repos so a 'sudo apt-get install monodevelop' has you covered) and as far as Visual Studio clones go, this is probably one of the best - I mean a whole different arena from eclipse or netbeans...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    What a shame.
    Oxygene for Java will also support MonoDevelop (on Mac and Linux) early 2012, and probably Eclipse, later the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    I have to admit that although I was not a user at the time, I felt the world had become a little less the day embarcadero bought out remobjects..
    FTR, Embarcadero has not bought and doesn't own RemObjects Software, they merely license Oxygene for .NET from us.

ps: i must add that registering and posting to this forum has bene one of the most frustrating experiences i have had for a while...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast