I don't think that Lifepower meant to be offensive. I've seen him being offensive, this really isn't what I'd categorize it as. (Sorry Yuriy, it's sort of a defense though. ) He just has some strong opinions about code, which is fine, it's primarily a coders forum after all. OOP has it's benefits, yet learning new things does sometimes get in the way of progressing with active projects. Even news ones so I can see why you aren't crazy about the idea of taking up something new. There is validity there.

If you find you are able to do what you need with your own coding knowledge then stick with it until you feel you want to dig deeper into the rabbit hole. Should you want to learn a more advanced coding style, there is benefit in learning OOP. So when or if you become ready for such, Lifepower's suggestions would help you in that way. I think this is where he was going with it, not meaning to tear your skills apart and tell you you are doing it wrong. Just explain to you that it is an older way and there are much newer ones that have been developed since.