Thread: ideas for TAtmosphere

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laggyluk View Post
    I chose blocky voxel style because I can make a game like this single handed, without a graphics guy similiar to retro 2d its easier to produce graphic content without serious skills when resolution is low. Plus it let's player to modify the world in a way that traditional 3d would make very difficult if not possible to implement. i think that at some point when there is a lot of games looking 'blocky' people will stop thinking about them in terms of minecraft clones but as an alternative to polygons
    it makes since to stick with what you can do yourself, artists can be hard to find and usually want money. I think the voxel style could be greatly improved by adding more then blocks to the mix more of a lego approach could make it much more attractive while maintaining its anyone can do it style. with the Explorer project I will be experimenting with these Ideas along with the tools needed to build a library of parts to use in the game. By throwing out what is exceptable in the game we are free to mix simple with complicated and really showcase those parts while not feeling obligated to put such work into all areas of the game
    Last edited by Carver413; 05-07-2013 at 01:57 PM.