Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
Sorry, if I barge in as I am rather new here, but please do not drop support for Freepascal. I am not interested in Delphi but searching for good tutorials for FPC. Most good libraries (e.g. Asphyre) seem for Delphi only. The only exception is ZenGL.
Nobody sad anything about dropping support for FPC. We only talked about increasing support for Delphi. The reason for this the fact that latly most articles are just FPC oriented.
As for the libraries most of them can be ported and used in FPC quite easily. Yes the Asphyre is exception du the fact that it relies on some Embarcaderos libraries wich ships with Delphi. But as far as I know there is a plan to include FPC support for Asphyre in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower View Post
Sorry, but what you imply is simply laziness. If you have enthusiasm, interest and are wiling to learn, you can always get a scholarship in one of universities with a good computer science program. Here in Mexico, lower class students with family earnings of less than 1000 $MXN per week ($80 per week) can still get to the university almost for free and if they are talented, even get paid to study (!). [Granted, some prefer to consume drugs and shoot their neighbors instead, but that's another story]

Plus, if you get to study to university, you can always opt for Delphi Academic Program and pay roughly $100 for a Professional version.
Here in Slovenia none of our universities doesn't teach programing in any of the pascal dialects. All that you can learn in our universities is Java, .NET and C based languages. And even teaching of theese languages is of poor quality becouse they teach the mostly same stuf as they did 10 years ago. So when most of our students come out of school they still lacks some needed knowledge to become sucsessful programers on their own.
Another problem in Slovenia is that all of theese universities are full. So if you didn't have excelent grades in highschool you don't even have a chance to sign in.
Also here in Slovenia it is werry hard to get any scholarship at all. And even if you do get it, it won't cover all the expenses for study. So many students are forced to do parttime jobs during study. And this means les time and energy for study itself.

I myself haven't got a chance to sing into the university so I was forced to learn all by myself. And since I need money to live I had to find myself a job to earn enough for living. And to be honest I don't like my job wery much. I work as a customs officer. I have 12 hour shifts. The job itself can be verry stresfull becouse I had to work with various pepole (none of them isn't happy to see me). So many times when I come home from work I have no more energy to do some learning or any programing.