Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GravityMaze

GravityMaze

A simple jewel collecting game with gravity effects. Only an alpha version at the moment, but fully working with 9 tutorial levels. This game includes:

- Pixel collision
    - Enemies
    - Unlockable doors
    - deadly objects with and without gravity

Written with Delphi 7 and FreePascal for crosscompiling to Pandora, Caanoo and GP2X WIZ. i386 Linux - Version will following next days. Maybe a Mac OSX too.

This game is inspired by "They need to be fed" from YoyoGames.

Download:
    Windows - Version: http://www.seban.de/download/games/G...ravitymaze.zip
    Pandora - Version: http://www.seban.de/download/games/G...ravitymaze.pnd
    Last edited by KidPaddle; 19-04-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Nice game, but it hardly fits 2nd PGD challenge theme. The theme of this challenge is traveling between distinct locations. By distinct it is meant that every locations feels completly different (diferent graphics, different music, different level configuration etc.). But after playing your game I only see different level layouts and same graphics.
    Don't get me wrong you have already working game all you need is just to chenge it a bit so it will fit into 2nd PGD theme. Man I wish I was on your place and have already working game. But onfortunatly I'm not. I'm still long away from having working game myself.

If you ask me I will do something like this:
    1. Change graphics between levels, disticnt bacgrounds, maybe different shapes of object on wich you can move, etc.
    2. I would design levels in a way so that for instance fliping a switch in one of them would make some change in another (open you a passageway to another location). I would add several different dorways wich would lead between different levels and alow two way travel through them (travel trough gate only if player presses jump infront of them). This way you could also fit into bonus rule wich requres you to be able to travel back and forth between different locations.
    That is just my opinion but at the end it is up to you to decide how it will be done.

Sorry, doesn't realized challenge theme. So, please move it into thread "your projects".

Thanks.
    Thomas

It's a nice game anyway. Quite funny.

I've tested it using WineHQ (on Linux) and I have no problems at all.

Oh, and I jump "in orbit" some times.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 17-04-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KidPaddle View Post
    Sorry, doesn't realized challenge theme. So, please move it into thread "your projects".
    Did I understand right? This isn't PGD chalenge project and you just posted it in wrong section?

@SilverWarior:
    Yes, your are right. Graphics are for me the hardest part of a game and at this time i will not change them. Please move this thread to correct section. Thanks for playing, response and propositions, i will implement some of them.

@Ñuño Martínez
    Thanks for testing with wine and response. Are your orbiting endless? And where happens this?

I have to implement more
    - levels
    - animations
    - rotating circle (only changing graphics and positions)
    - shape (not rotating, math skill to low and with sdl to slow on console handhelds)
    - different doors
    - projectile turrets
    - rockets
    - hidden levels
    Last edited by KidPaddle; 18-04-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Doesn't work here (Windows 7)... below is the log

Code:
    Starting game
    init screen
    audio not initialized
    hide mouse cursor
    engine init done
    load resource
    Division durch Null

Strange, i have windows 7 64bit and we tested on different windows 7 computers (32 and 64 Bit). It seems to be, that the graphics couldn't be loaded, creating tiles need image width and height and i have no check, if loading failed. But first strange message is "audio not initialized" in log file. I'm using default SDL setup for audio and video. I will add more log output.

Thomas
    Last edited by KidPaddle; 19-04-2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: typo corrected

But first strange message is "audio not initialized" in log file.
    FWIW, I don't have any audio installed on this machine.

Please move this thread to correct section.
    Thread has been moved.

Graphics are for me the hardest part of a game and at this time i will not change them.
    It is same for me. That's why I'm putting much more efford into code part of my entry (hasn't even started making GUI).
    Anmywhay don't give up jet on participating in 2nd PGD challenge. There are stil two weeks of time and if in this time you manage to update your game to a pont so that it will fit into challenge rules go ahead and participate.
    Don't get me wrong I'm not forcing you to participate, do program at your pace, but by participating you get easy way fot many peepole to se your game, PGD challenge results and entries are posted on many programing and gaming forums. This way you get free advertising

Besides having us more entries in 2nd PGD challenge will help advertise PGD as a comunity througout the web. This means bigger chances that even more pepole decide to join us and share their knowledge with us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast