Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nickel Iron / HTML5 game written in... Object Pascal!

Thanks mate! I just happened to have my tablet on, and it said I had a new email...and it was that!

It works nicely, and is very responsive as far as I can tell

If you were wondering, I have the heavier version (M7) of this tablet:
    http://apads.com.au/haipad-m7s-slim-...ite-p-103.html
    Mine is a Hiapad M7...

I did notice one thing...it would some times say that I could repair a missile launcher, but not give me anything to click on to - unless I am going blind? haha

The google chrome version didn't seem to allow me to repair any launchers, but only say I could

Very nice work chief!

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 17-02-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks mate! I just happened to have my tablet on, and it said I had a new email...and it was that!
    Any idea why market didn't allow it? Does it happen for other app?
    I don't ask for any right and your tablet is above 2.2.

I did notice one thing...it would some times say that I could repair a missile launcher, but not give me anything to click on to - unless I am going blind? haha
    Did you have the flashing "repair"? You need at least +10 bonus for that (otherwise there is only a dark text, which might be confusing)

The google chrome version didn't seem to allow me to repair any launchers, but only say I could
    Oops! Chrome sends mouse clicks, and I test repair only in the touch events! Will fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Any idea why market didn't allow it? Does it happen for other app?
    I don't ask for any right and your tablet is above 2.2.
    Not sure why it happens...maybe it is a resolution issue? I don't know...it could just be due to my 'dodgy' Chinese tablet! haha
    I have sometimes seen it with other apps, but not too often.

Did you have the flashing "repair"? You need at least +10 bonus for that (otherwise there is only a dark text, which might be confusing)
    Ahhh...I did have the dark text only...I guess I didn't have the +10 bonus at the time

Oops! Chrome sends mouse clicks, and I test repair only in the touch events! Will fix.
    Ok, no worries

Just got a copyright infringement notice from Atari, apparently became a large enough blip on their radar to be worthy of the effort (I didn't knew they were still in the business tbh, and didn't expect to make a blip either).

I'll be renaming it to "Nickel Iron", if some admin can change the title of this thread?

Blog Entries
    Changed the thread title. Well I'd personally take that as a compliment.

Not sure if Nickel Iron is as great a title. Actually I don't get it myself, but it's your dime.

Question; Is this actually a commercial project or just a freeware game? Can't see how a fan-made for free clone could threaten them as there have been lots of notorious games that have been cloned and successful, yet the original creators never went after them.

Atari is indeed alive and making games ...I think. They are now owned by Infogrames.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Not sure if Nickel Iron is as great a title. Actually I don't get it myself, but it's your dime.
    Probably not, was the first title vaguely related to asteroids (Nickel Iron core) that apparently wasn't related to any trademark, and I was in a hurry ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Question; Is this actually a commercial project or just a freeware game?
    Freeware.

After receiving the notice, I made a search on the name mentioned in the notice, and found they apparently went against other free & fan sites (f.i. http://atariuser.blogspot.com/2011/0...enate-and.html).
    There is a note on the site above that they apologized, but I'm not sure what really happened, given what you can still see at http://atari2600.org/

Could you rename it too in the February roundup as well? Sorry for the trouble...

Hey Eric,
    I just searched for the new title "Nickle Iron" on the Google Market (play.google.com), and discovered that it is now compatible with my android tablet that it wasn't before...neat!

I wonder what changed?

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    I wonder what changed?
    I didn't change anything in the manifest.xml, maybe some glitch in the market that got solved during the transition to google play?

I didn't change anything in the manifest.xml, maybe some glitch in the market that got solved during the transition to google play?
    Maybe...will never know I guess

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast