Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
And if you are more interested in designing of these 3D boxes then my best solution would be to use any 3D designing component/program and just find a suitable converter that can convert from any of the supported format from 3D designer to one of the supported format by your laser cutter.
My main interest is not to dwell a lot over the 3 dimensionality of the box. Quite the opposite.

My main focus is to produce an SVG that I can then import into InkScape and then export as an DXF (Yes, extra step maybe, but really don't want to implement the SVG to DXF if I can avoid it) of the FLAT representation of the sides in an ordered and neat manner to inject into the Laser Cutter software.

The 3D representation is just a nice visual aid for the person doing the box, just like here: http://www.makercase.com/.

So, like I said, visual aid and not main focus. Hence my search for a "quick fix" of sorts, so I can focus on the SVG creation with a line representation of the 5 to 6 sides of the box, laid flat to then cut on the laser.

Again, many, MANY thanks for any help.