Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brtech1

Quote Originally Posted by AirPas View Post
    this is awesome , how's the engine code is it procedural (which is expected) or OOP
    The utils functions (math, system-related helper functions, and so on) are procedural and the engine core itself is fully object-oriented class-based. So it's circa 90% OOP and 10% procedural.

Absolutely stunning! Keep up that great work!
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Good job. Really impressive.

May be I can drop-off Open Arena from my system soon.
    No signature provided yet.

So new BRTECH1.zip is online ( http://rootserver.rosseaux.net/stuff/BRTECH1.zip ).

BRTECH1 has HRTF support now, so BRTECH1 has following 3D audio spatialization modes now:

1. Fast fake 3D stereo (what the original idTech3 Quake3 engine also do, but still better than when 3D audio spatialization is inactive, so it's more a alternative for really slow CPUs )
    2. Pseudo 3D acoustics (already very good pseudo 3D sound over stereo, but it is not so good like HRTF, so it's more a alternative for non-headphone users and/or slower CPUs)
    3. HRTF (really very good und even true 3D sound over stereo, but only wih headphones, because this is the limiting factor of HRTF)

The mode is selectable with the spat(ialization) in-engine console command game, and it will be active for the next loaded map then.

And the whole sound engine code is still mostly 20.12-bit-fixed-point 32-bit-integer-only.

So have fun with it
    Last edited by BeRo; 30-09-2012 at 04:15 PM.

May I ask where you get pascal headers for SDL 2.0? Are they Delphi compatible?
    Last edited by pitfiend; 02-10-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pitfiend View Post
    May I ask where you get pascal headers for SDL 2.0? Are they Delphi compatible?
    I made them for me myself (for statically and dynamically linking, since SDL 2.0 allows linking statically now), originally for my c64 emulator project http://micro64.de/. But I will keep these private until the SDL 2.0 API will be frozen. The problem at SDL 2.0 is that the API including data structures) are still changing, because SDL 2.0 has no stable release version yet.

New BRTECH1 Engine while-in-development-demostration video. This time with most full map entity logic, player models and a third-person-view as an optional alternative for the first-person-view mode.

The next todo-steps will be: LiSPSM shadow mapping, networking, weapon shot physics, game menu UI, and such other things.

good progression , just the player speed , i found it a bit fast

Quote Originally Posted by AirPas View Post
    good progression , just the player speed , i found it a bit fast
    I'm using just the original quake 3 player physics constant values, because I'm testing my engine with quake 3 maps.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast