Thread: lazarus and opengl gui?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    I'll be releasing my engine in the next few months, part of the source that I'll might be making available is my GUI which is as feature rich as any realtime OpenGL GUI currently available. It even surpasses fire-monkey in several key areas (which lets be honest, is not exactly difficult). Treeviews, listviews, time-line track control (like you'd see in animation packages), HSV colour, all manner of buttons, drop down lists, radio groups, right click menus etc basically all standard widgets and a few unique widgets that are graphics related.

It goes a lot further than that however, it's actually a full window manager in that it manages 'applications' and all interaction between client-code and GUI can be serialized over a network connection.

Anyway, I'll stop with the hard sell now and present some screen-shots :

Image3.jpgImage4.jpgImage5.jpg

I will be discussing the actual engine in the next few months, it allows for mixed mode region concepts, so you can nest BSP levels inside terrains, or voxel chunks etc and all interaction (physics, path finding, steering etc) is abstracted for each type of region allowing for seamless operation of engine functionality across regions.

There's still a lot of work to be done however, I'm currently working on optimizations for the renderer for visibility culling (so for example, culling terrain based upon frustum projected out of a BSP portal as well as line of sight optimizations between voxel chunks and terrain geometry etc)

Yes, it was called over ambitious by my friends 5 years ago, but the trick is to never give in, never surrender!
    Last edited by phibermon; 01-03-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.