Thread: Brainstorming Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My current plan is to make a top down arena shooter. In 3d. The asset are already somewhat finished, but now I just need a 3d model loader with animation support(and an exporter from some 3d program..)
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Good luck with that. I've searched a lot for that in the past couple of days and there really isn't much available.

I'm just thinking about making something out of competition. I have a lot of small code snippets and examples I wrote for my nds programming book, and it should be funny to recombine them in a small "one key" casual game. My idea is: you control the wings' flap of a bat, that needs to avoid obstacles and, at the same time, to eat bugs/flies to increase energy. The goal is to get the highest score as possible
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware View Post
    My current plan is to make a top down arena shooter. In 3d. The asset are already somewhat finished, but now I just need a 3d model loader with animation support(and an exporter from some 3d program..)
    DeleD supports animations and a way to export it. I believe Paul Nicholls was working on that so you'd better ask him.

I do have a great game idea, but I still have to find time. Today, I will try to find a suitable library for me to use (with accel. 2D graphics, particles, sound and basic input). I will have more time next weekend and the week thereafter so things will run a bit slow for me in the beginning. Hope to see some good screenshots from other competitors soon.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware View Post
    I had made a ms3d model exporter plugin for DeleD if you are interested:
    http://www.delgine.com/plugins/viewP...s&contentid=32

It was slightly buggy, but I have since loaded the source code up to a server, and I think someone else has improved it slightly (don't know if they have uploaded it though)

Here are the projects for DeleD and some of it's plugins, including my MS3D one:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/deled/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/deled-plugins/

PS. it looks like some of my MS3D code was updated 7 weeks ago...

there is a unit_MS3D.pas that you can use to load MS3D models into Delphi

I don't know how to get the actual animation going in Delphi, etc, you would have to look that up on some MS3D site...

cheers,
    Paul