View Poll Results: Are you ready for a new PGD Challenge?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! It's about time.

4 40.00%
  • No. Not a good time!

2 20.00%
  • Not the best time, but it's happening at least...

4 40.00%

Thread: Is everybody ready for a new PGD Challenge?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    The plan is for competition start to kick-off on the 30th of March which is a Friday. You will then have 3 weeks and a weekend to finish your game entries.
    Great! I'll try to find time to enter (esp. if HTML5 is allowed and there is no need for a complete entry )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Great! I'll try to find time to enter (esp. if HTML5 is allowed and there is no need for a complete entry )
    I should note that you SHOULD be starting a new game project for your entry as that is the spirit of this competition. It doesn't mean you have to start everything from scratch, but your game project should start at the beginning of the start date and not simply be a re-purposed old project of yours.

Transfering or reusing some older, proven code from other projects is of course ok.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Just give me a time and date. My codebase is finally looking up once I fix up a few issues with the current game 'kernel' I'm kicking. I'm retracting from a compiled game to more of a execution shell that runs scripts that constitute the game itself. The twist behind this, is that the scripts are self modifying (unique gameplay anybody? ). Not to mention, that for 'updates' to a game, its only a case of patching the game files, not a new installation XD. Its still VERY experimental, and I might put up some screenshots of the proof of concept prototype later on my blog if there is any interest.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Just give me a time and date. My codebase is finally looking up once I fix up a few issues with the current game 'kernel' I'm kicking. I'm retracting from a compiled game to more of a execution shell that runs scripts that constitute the game itself. The twist behind this, is that the scripts are self modifying (unique gameplay anybody? ). Not to mention, that for 'updates' to a game, its only a case of patching the game files, not a new installation XD. Its still VERY experimental, and I might put up some screenshots of the proof of concept prototype later on my blog if there is any interest.
    Hmm...all that sounds rather interesting...self-modifying scripts? Neat!