Thread: PGDmC: Galactic Xenocide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I hope it will not lay in the "Beautiful Start-menu" syndrome.
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez View Post
    I hope it will not lay in the "Beautiful Start-menu" syndrome.
    Just because I had such plans too... but I won't have time for that.

Strategy game, that's nice! Straight and simple strategy games, easy to learn but fun to play, that would be a good ambition.

Blog Entries
    Well I've been working on assets while Stoney is working on the game engine/code. I'm planning on releasing some background information about each alien race as I write them up... I've also been working on the soundtrack too.

I may hop on some of the code should Stoney need some help. The first version might not be overly fancy or as detailed as we might hope, but it should give an example of the direction we are going in.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Cool

Well I've been letting those down whom I told I'd release information as I develop it a little so here to make up for it is a sampling of the music that *may* appear in the game.

Enjoy...

Galactic Xenocide on SoundCloud

NOTE: I'll be updating and replacing older version as new ones come out so if you want to post comments that'll last, please put them in the set instead.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I gotta say, I love the name of the game, it's clever.
    And you wrote the soundtrack? It's sounding great, got a very isolated spacey feel to it

Looking forwards to pictures and hopefully even a playable version of this!

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Well I've been letting those down whom I told I'd release information as I develop it a little so here to make up for it is a sampling of the music that *may* appear in the game.

Enjoy...

Galactic Xenocide on SoundCloud

NOTE: I'll be updating and replacing older version as new ones come out so if you want to post comments that'll last, please put them in the set instead.
    Wow! That is awesome music! It sounds like you paid an orchestra to do the music...how did you make it sound so good?

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    I'm using Garage Band '11 to make the music. I'm able to take existing loops and mix them kind of like an oldschool tracker program would allow. I've been learning how to play the keyboard, but I'm not good enough to write music yet.

EAch race will have their 'theme' and there will be a couple of tracks for general gameplay. I want to model the music like how it was done in Ascendancy to give each race a sort of culture of their own. Each planet will have their own distinctness.

I've taken the same universe for an older game project of mine, Invaded and am using it here. So technically Galactic Xenocide is a prequel to Invaded.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder