Thread: PGDmC: Vectored!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wow that tunnel screenshot looks really awesome. Very tuberunner-ish

Looking forward to more! I can imagine that you can turn this into a very awesome action game.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere View Post
    Wow that tunnel screenshot looks really awesome. Very tuberunner-ish

Looking forward to more! I can imagine that you can turn this into a very awesome action game.
    Thanks! Have you tried the actual game from the FTP site yet? Just curious, no problem if you haven't

cheers,
    Paul

Haven't done that yet. Will do
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Thanks! Have you tried the actual game from the FTP site yet? Just curious, no problem if you haven't
    The XP computer is stashed away in a corner so I can't right now... but I will. When I think about it, I have a Vista computer that my kids use, I just didn't consider using that. But speaking of OS versions, will it work on XP and/or Vista?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    The XP computer is stashed away in a corner so I can't right now... but I will. When I think about it, I have a Vista computer that my kids use, I just didn't consider using that. But speaking of OS versions, will it work on XP and/or Vista?
    It works on both Vista and XP (tested on both)

cheers,
    Paul

looks nice, reminds me on the beginning of the arcade era

Quote Originally Posted by Daikrys View Post
    looks nice, reminds me on the beginning of the arcade era
    Thanks mate

Hopefully I will put up another screenshot and/or some more video today sometime...

I have added in power-ups to collect, good 'grid' sections (speed-ups and maybe time increases), 'bad' grid sections - some will slow you down, others might zap you if you are over them at the wrong time.

I still don't have any collision detection for any of the grid sections yet, only asteroids but this should come soon I hope

I know I am running out of time so my game won't have a menu or other 'fancy' stuff, it will just get you right into the action so to speak for something different

cheers,
    Paul

menus are bad cause in my case it would use more buttons then the game itself

hmm powerups are a good idea maybe i use some too, thx for the inspiration