To answer the question which has been asked about hosting costs for PGD, they are about £135 per year.

To add some context to what I said about regular visitors and 1 article each per year... so far this year, 50 unique users (nearly all with well over 10+ posts) have visited the site. 1 article each = 4 items of new content every month for the next 12 months. And if you consider the costs, if everyone who visits regularly donated £2, the costs would be mainly covered. I'd rather not go down the route of having a subscription which say removes ads, but if we want to do some stuff, like get good prizes, being able to buy them from community money would be a good plan... if you've never tried to secure prizes for one of our competitions, trust me when I say it's hard work and it always feels a little like begging.

I absolutely agree with the comment about quantity vs quality, content is not about quantity, quality is important.

My view on the competition front is that I'd like a mixture of both... involvement under a PGD banner/team in the likes of Ludum Dare and the chance to run our own. If I actually sit down and finished the site I was writing to run them, running them won't be an issue (most of it is done, it's that illusive last 10%).

And I don't want anyone else posting apologies etc. or implying that they haven't done enough. What I'm after is honest feedback from every regular visitor about what they would like to see. Do you want tutorials about things? If so, what? Should they be geared to a particular platform, be entirely theoretical, what? Interviews... if you could interview anyone in the industries related to the site (game development, marketing, language development etc. etc.) who would you want to interview? What would you want to ask them?

Engine devs... can people help these guys out by writing documentation, quick starts, tutorials for their engines?

I guess what I'm wanting is information about the future... what the site needs to do to be more appealing, and if possible get a firm commitment from as many people as possible that they will do something to help. Does anyone want to volunteer to post news? Anyone want to volunteer to go hunting out projects developed in Pascal and write articles about them, interview the devs about stuff?