You know guys, if this was a Delphi-only competition then things might be a little easier. I joke!

However multiple platforms does provide the bulk of the tool, development and testing logistical problems of running competitions. And in the future it looks to be even more level of a playing field with at least 5 (maybe 6 including the web browser with HTML5?) major platforms PC and mobile combined. I can only see volunteered "judges" as the way to make official scores for entries.

However there can be some kind of unofficial scoring or value I guess, even for those that don't make their game for ALL possible platforms. That would require all entries to submit at least 1 video capture of their game after being completed, being played, recorded and posted on YouTube or Vimeo for public viewing. That does have a little bit of a problem of course as not everyone may have the software or know-how to make such a recording of their game or an account on YouTube or Vimeo to post with.

Not as big a problem as trying to port or code their game for all top platforms, so it's a possible solution. All submissions that wanted to take part in the "community impressions" scoring would need to make a thread and post the video so that it's embeded into the post so it can be watched here on PGD. From there all PGD community members can vote by using the "Rate This Thread" option and giving it their own personal rating as they seem it fit. That's an easy way of doing that, but is it anywhere near what you guys would like in the next competition?