Thread: Is there a websockify implemantation for Pascal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you fore the info. But as my little project is just for fun and without any commercial interest I need to continue my research. Maybe I have to rewrite my pascal program e.g. in node.js. Would be a pity because I like Pascal very much.

Quote Originally Posted by hgbk View Post
    Maybe I have to rewrite my pascal program e.g. in node.js. Would be a pity because I like Pascal very much.
    Don't give up on pascal yet. There are many components and libraries that allow serving of web content from pascal made application. Believe it or not I have even seen standalone Delphi application that is capable of serving entire WebApplication without even running on server at all.
    In Welcome to PGD thread you mentioned that you are making card based game. A few years ago I have fiddled a bit with IntraWeb component set that shipped with Delphi for free and it might be powerful enough for making a WebBased card game.

Oh and if you don't mind changing design IDE go check Smart Mobile Studio https://smartmobilestudio.com/trial/ which allows you to create a powerful HTML5 applications by writing them in Pascal language. And yes Smart Mobile Studio even allows you to make WebGL based applications. If you search PGD forum you might stil find an example made by one of our members where entire 3D world is made programaticaly using SMS.

And yes by searching on internet you can even find some older open-source WebSocket libraries for both Delphi and Lazarus. But I can't say anything about their quality.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 17-02-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Don't give up on pascal yet. There are many components and libraries that allow serving of web content from pascal made application. Believe it or not I have even seen standalone Delphi application that is capable of serving entire WebApplication without even running on server at all.
    In Welcome to PGD thread you mentioned that you are making card based game. A few years ago I have fiddled a bit with IntraWeb component set that shipped with Delphi for free and it might be powerful enough for making a WebBased card game.

Oh and if you don't mind changing design IDE go check Smart Mobile Studio https://smartmobilestudio.com/trial/ which allows you to create a powerful HTML5 applications by writing them in Pascal language. And yes Smart Mobile Studio even allows you to make WebGL based applications. If you search PGD forum you might stil find an example made by one of our members where entire 3D world is made programaticaly using SMS.

And yes by searching on internet you can even find some older open-source WebSocket libraries for both Delphi and Lazarus. But I can't say anything about their quality.
    I was nearly about to give up on Pascal - but with your advice I found this one: https://github.com/Warfley/LazWebsockets Now it's time to study and test it; I'll keep you updated. Thanks!!
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 17-02-2021 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Fixing error in hyperlink

Quote Originally Posted by hgbk View Post
    I'll keep you updated. Thanks!!
    I would like that.