I am a computer educator from South Africa. Recently we have changed our IT syllabus from java to delphi. I only taught one year of java programming and I was not very good at it. I am not teaching IT yet but would like to prepare myself. I stumbled on this site by searching for the game "machine flow" which seems like it was developed by a fellow South African, the username is Nitrogen and Nitrogen2. I am keen to learn this language as pascal was taught way back when I was in high school and I have always wanted to complete the dungeon game idea I had, something like nethack graphically but not as complex. I learn through play, I have tried many times before to learn programming but I never seem to get stuck in. Im hoping to be part of this community so that I may grow as a programmer. I dont expect any quick fixes or learn in 21 seconds type of thing other than hard work and discipline.

What tips/advice do you have for me? Where should I start? I will do my best to check in with this forum everyday. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers.