Thread: PGD - Some thoughts about the future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    @SilverWarior
    Answer is that there are more game developers in computer industry than buisniess developers.
    Can you give any proof? Because I doubt Game industry is big, but I know how big companies(I mean how many developers) are involved in developing software and other "business" things. Probably you think like this only because you see a lot of games around, but there is huge amount of software not available for average people.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    @SilverWarior

Can you give any proof? Because I doubt Game industry is big, but I know how big companies(I mean how many developers) are involved in developing software and other "business" things. Probably you think like this only because you see a lot of games around, but there is huge amount of software not available for average people.
    I think the point that Silver is making is relating to the relative proportion of developers using a particular language. If you consider C++ there are alot of people using full stop and a certain proportion of them will be using it for developing games. If you then consider Pascal... the proportion using it for games is significantly smaller. I agree with that assessment.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::