Thread: Have questions? Post them to us here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMaximo93 View Post
    Another question, does a pause button count towards the eight button limit?
    This is a problem, but logical. A problem since it is a drawback to make a game that can't be paused. Should I give up some of the bonus points for that? Tricky.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    This is a problem, but logical. A problem since it is a drawback to make a game that can't be paused. Should I give up some of the bonus points for that? Tricky.
    Take into account the categories that your game is scored on too. A part of the scoring will be on effective use of controls as well.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

You know, you can easily solve this problem by using a menu with a resume option.

Blog Entries
    I guess I should note that the highest OpenGL my Mac supports is 2.1. I can only support some of the features of 3.0. I used GLview and it told me a few things. Such as 8196x8196 sized textures are A-OK on my iMac rig.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    I guess I should note that the highest OpenGL my Mac supports is 2.1. I can only support some of the features of 3.0. I used GLview and it told me a few things. Such as 8196x8196 sized textures are A-OK on my iMac rig.
    I hope that will change in 10.7, but for now we have to use 2.1. It is possible to code very 3-ish on 2.1 though.

Blog Entries
    Well I can tell you that I am able to execute some buffering commands from 3, but it's only a small handful of functions.

Actually, here is the full report...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    What about your XP partition? I might be able to compile for Mac but I won't be able to test it (but one day... one day... )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    But not mouse-driven, right?
    Nope, no mouse.

The 'PGDmC Entertainment System' doesn't support a mouse accessory at this time. And like the Wii U, will only come with 1 controller.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMaximo93 View Post
    What about your XP partition? I might be able to compile for Mac but I won't be able to test it (but one day... one day... )
    Well it can run games quite well for win32. I'm able to have a nice session of Age of Empires III on it without issue for example. And it's not really a partition as it's a VM running via Parallels 6 for Mac. I guess I should give GLview a run on it too, maybe after I get home from work.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I just ran into a question. My game now includes a level editor, so I can interactively edit some aspects of the game (checkpoint placement, additions objects). The game itself, including game menus, is controlled by a bare minimum of controls, but the level editor uses a number of extra keys.

My question: Do I need to disable the editor in order to qualify for the lower number of keys?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    You know, you can easily solve this problem by using a menu with a resume option.
    But not mouse-driven, right?