Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
No, no no, of course not. What is mean is quite the contrary - there are very few newcomers to Delphi/Pascal world anyway
And why is that? I see two main reasons:

1. The fact that there aren't as many useful resources (game engines, libraries, tutorials) available for Pascal as they are for other programming languages.
  2. People who keep bitching that there are not enough suitable resources available, like you are doing lately, instead of helping with creation of such resources.

I wish I would have at least half as much experience in game development as you do because that way I would not have much problem writing some tutorials on this topic. But I don't.
And yet this is not stopping me in very slowly writing quite extensive (perhaps too extensive) tutorial about using classes in game development. So why I'm progressing so slow with this tutorial of mine?
  1. I no longer have as much available free time and energy as I used to when I started it. If I would be starting to write it today I definitely would go for less extensive one.
  2. I'm still learning about game development during the whole process. And that I think might actually make the whole tutorial more interesting as I might also show some bad practices that I come up with providing good explanation of why they are bad practices and with which practices they could be replaced.

Any way I'm trying to contribute to Pascal Game Development community as best as I can.

I know any activities like LAN parties, conferences and so on cost money, but maybe this is something that we could actually organize together.
While money is one problem another big problem is great demographic diversity of PGD members. You see PGD has members from all around the world so it is quite difficult to even get in live chat with other members.

Instead of building a framework/engine that no one needs, do something together than would be more meaningful, with higher impact.
If no one needs such framework/engine then where did the idea for it come from? Why are people inquiring about what happened with it?
Also what in your opinion would be more meaningful and have higher impact to Pascal Development Game community?