Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Robles View Post
We're thinking about it, but it's not as easy. Many games reach success with Kickstart, but Kickstart can only host U.S.A projects, and we don't have U.S.A. members in the team. Particularly I am from Brazil. In Brazil we have a national version of Kickstart, but the most sucessful game in it only raised about US$ 5.000...
Don't wait for Kickstarter.com. I'm Canadian and even I cannot create a campaign alongside my stared and striped neighbors. You may want to checkout IndieGoGo.com instead. It's almost as popular and it's also a little different. You can check out their "Flexible Funding" and "Fixed Funding" (this one is like Kickstarter) and it's all done through PayPal instead of Amazon.

Should you do a crowd-funding campaign just make sure that you get yourselves in front of a camera and talk. Or at least get a person to do so. A hastily put together 5 min or less gameplay footage video isn't enough. I've seen enough to know many ways to NOT get your game funded through one of those campaigns.