PDA

View Full Version : Saving the configuration of one's layout...

HopeDagger
27-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Most likely the answer to this is a simple one, but I haven't been able to find it: how do I save the layout of my Delphi workspace? By that, I mean the docked positions of my project manager, object tree, etc. It's very annoying to have to reposition them each time I open Delphi.

Thanks!

WILL
27-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Hey Malver,

I have the same problems from time to time.

What I do to save my enviroment is just move everything the way I want it then I use that little text box on the tool bar that should have something along the lines of <None> typed into it. There are two buttons to it's right: 1st looks like 3 boxes with an arrow pointing to a drive ("Save current desktop") and; the 2nd looks like 3 boxes with a green play symbol on it ("Set debug desktop").

if you don't see these go to the menu under: View - Toolbars

and you should see Desktops as checked.

with these you can save your current Delphi desktop by hitting the save button and typing in a name for it. ie. "Default", "DeBugging", "Hide And Seek for Bugs", etc...

Then when you open the drop down box and choose your newly saved settings it'll revert back to them next time to want them. It should automatically choose the one you chose last. I use the name "Default" for mine. and it has stayed that way since I set it up.

Hope this helped.

HopeDagger
27-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Works perfectly. Thanks a bunch!