PDA

View Full Version : Font / GUI Problem

ysundawa
06-05-2004, 05:10 AM
Hi ..

I want to generate font image from clasical TCanvas.Outext by saving it into a bitmap in memory, and then reuse it in every text in the game ...
But I still dont have aby clues how to that :(

Please give me some vision ..

Thanks

cairnswm
06-05-2004, 05:37 AM
Have a look in this thread:

http://terraqueous.f2o.org/dgdev/viewtopic.php?t=1262

My DelphiX always gives an access violation if I try to create a surface in run time. I have now moved to GLXtreem and its as easy as DelphiX, almost all tutorials can be easily migrated and the font stuff in included.

ysundawa
06-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Well, looks interesting ...
But I dont need any 3D wrapper (for now),
My bandwith is very limited, so i want your suggestion,
Is GLXtreme supported 2D graphic ? If so then I will
invest some of my bandwith to download it :D

Thanks

cairnswm
06-05-2004, 09:06 AM
Yes GLXTreem does support 2D. (Look at the imagelist demo for full 2D example).

GLXTreem is effectivly the same set of components as DelphiX but for OpenGL. It then adds some more.

The only thing GLXTreem doesn't support that DelphiX did is the use of direct Canvas access. But as Direct Canvas access was bad anyway it is probably a good thing :)

There are now 2 Games on my web site that are 2D and created using GLXTreem. (Slide Puzzle and Finding Friends ver 2)

ysundawa
07-05-2004, 12:58 AM
I have downloaded is, great !!! :shock:

But now I am confused to find the "real" forum for GLXtreem, I tried to post in this site too but seems like the forum is moving to sourgeforge ?? But when I visited sourgeforge, the forum is almost empty .... :( So where can I discuss about GLXtreem anyway ?

Sorry little OOT :wink:

Thanks