PDA

View Full Version : 2D on GLXTreem

ysundawa
06-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Hello,

I am new to GLXtreem, Seems like it has great feature for 3d stuff, but now I am on a progress converting my game from classical-oldies-DelphiX into GLXtreem, So I need to hang out a bit with 2d thingy before move out to the real 3d game.

I have read almost all the post in this forum, and still have more question, I will try to solve it one by one ... :( I wonder what's wrong

1. Why GLXtreem so slow for 2d graphic ? 9 fps on P4 1,8, 256 MB Ram ? Well at least that's my for my first trial on the demo.
2. I need more demo and tutorial on 2d thingy where I cannot get from the package, is there any other resources I can get in the net ? I tried to get the Vendor and Renderer and I got Microsoft Corporation and GDI bla .bla..bla ... Why ? I am using RIVa TNT 2 16 MB ? What should I do to make NVidia Take Over ?

Thanks in anvanced

Abened
06-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Hi, good to see people like GLXTreem as much as I do :D . While i'm still very new to graphical programming I think that GLXTreem is using software mode instead of using your video card (wich explains the Microsoft Corporation vendor string). To solve this problem the most obvious way would be to update your videocard drivers (www.nvidia.com), and I don't know if there's anything else you could do as i'm just an occasional user...

Hope this help (even a tiny little bit lol) :roll: , Abened.

PS : How did you come to use a TNT2 16MB on a P4 ?? You should really consider changing your videocard and selling your own 1.2$ in a fleemarket lol ! :twisted:

ysundawa
07-05-2004, 01:16 AM
hah maybe you right lol,
But I only working with 2d thingy in particular, so dont need any greater graphic card for now :D

OK, I am downloading new driver from nvidia right now, thanks for your advice :idea:

Andreaz
07-05-2004, 06:21 AM
Well even 3D powered 2D rendering (what glxtreem and directx (not delphix)) uses 3D hardware for rendering. (That allow for all the fancy particle effects and blending). So to get decent fps with high polygon count needs a somewhat powerfull hardware.

ysundawa
07-05-2004, 10:30 AM
I see, So what you are trying to tell me is :
Basically we are always on a 3d rendering when we use glxtreem even if we are only code for 2d game right ?

I tried the mantaray demo and it is very slow (18 fps ???) on 800x600 32 bit. :(

OK then I will consider to invest on display card :D

BTW, I still have problem on running the application with NVidia vendor, the renderer only shows NVidia if I changed my desktop for 32 bit, other then that Microsoft Corporation appear as vendorfraid that my game will have less compability with another PC.

Any vision and suggestion ?

Thanks

PS : I have tried to download latest driver but still dont work :(

Andreaz
07-05-2004, 01:24 PM
I see, So what you are trying to tell me is :
Basically we are always on a 3d rendering when we use glxtreem even if we are only code for 2d game right ?

Yepp

BTW, I still have problem on running the application with NVidia vendor, the renderer only shows NVidia if I changed my desktop for 32 bit, other then that Microsoft Corporation appear as vendorfraid that my game will have less compability with another PC.

That's a known bug, check this thread out.

http://terraqueous.f2o.org/dgdev/viewtopic.php?t=1132&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=