PDA

View Full Version : VTDB record key size limit

alien
10-05-2004, 07:00 AM
In PD3.0pre3 the record name lenght is limited to 32 in the VTDBunit:

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRecordKey = string[31];

I need a higher value (255), I've changed and it seems that works. I want to know if this will create problems with other parts of the library, or not.

LP
18-05-2004, 04:09 AM
Sorry for 7 days delay, but anyway... it probably won't work with your changes, although who knows... I'm in process of changing VTDb and large record keys will be supported (up to some High(Cardinal) limit I think, hope :wink:). The reason I'm chaging it again is because the version 2 of VTDb was pretty buggy, had to rewrite it completely. And since I'm trying to remove the dependency from any external DLLs, will remove some of the features but trying to add support of "solid archive" and adding archives with path-dependency, etc. This means new VTDb files will be incompatible with the older ones, but 1) you won't need any DLL (i.e. PDrawEx.dll), 2) you could modify the "appearence" of VTDb output file as you like.

alien
20-05-2004, 01:47 AM
Hi! It's working great with 255 (or higher), the only requirement is to make the vtdb file with a program compiled with the same setting. For this I have a BIG request. It is possible to compile your FontRender v2.0 application with TRecordKey = string[255]; and upload somewhere ? That would be great. Thanks.

alien
28-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Is this forum dead ?