PDA

View Full Version : Delinquentstudios.com Game Design

Child Of Bodom
11-05-2004, 03:47 PM
The members of Delinquent Studios have recently decided to step up their programming and design skills and start making vidoe games. We currently have 19 people working on this project, so do not take this as a cry for help looking for programmers.

We were hoping that several members of the gaming and programming community would like to be involved with this project, either wih the storyline or if they wanted to contribute concept art, w/e. We thought some people might even wish to just follow along with the progress of the game if they took an interest in our ideas.

This is a non-profit project.

If you would like to check out our game forum you may do so at www.delinquentstudios.com/forum

I apologize if this is inappropriate for this site or this specific forum.

Eriken
11-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Hi Tony,

I was just trying to figure out what programming language you guys were planning to use and I as far as I could see most of the programming was going to be made in C ? Since this is a Delphi-forum it might be abit off, but there is always that possibility of wanting to learn C/C++ so you never know ;-)

Wasn't really easy to find any more information on what kind of game you guys are making, but I guess some of the guys here might be able to help out if they want to ;-)

Good luck, we've started a project from this forum as well, and it's pretty amusing stuff :-)
_____
Eriken

Child Of Bodom
12-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Actually, I don't know any programming, I'm a level designer. I was hoping to learn programming though when i get my new comp. We do have a more or less finalized storyline now though.

Child Of Bodom
12-05-2004, 04:10 PM
so are you saying you guys only use c++? im not sure what you mean exactly by that. but ya our lead programmer prefers c over c++ aparently so thats what it'll be.

Eriken
12-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Hehe, no problem, what I'm trying to say is that this place is called "Delphi Games Development" (well, for a while still atleast) because people here tend to program in Delphi, and not C or C++ ;-)
_____
Eriken

Child Of Bodom
12-05-2004, 08:21 PM
lol i see that would explain it.

WILL
13-05-2004, 12:27 AM
Well that would most certantly not mean you are unwelcome. In fact you could quite possibly contribute to the community here and to your own project with the use of the tools we use or simply discuss game development issues. Just when it comes to the actual coding(save AI and other game scripting and such) you'll need to speak Pascal or Object Pascal. ;)

Are you aware that Delphi created DLLs are fully compatable and usable with linkable C/C++ compilers? Even Visual Basic can use them.

Child Of Bodom
13-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Thanks Will, I've gotten a few bad responses on one forum because they thought I was spamming, even though one of the guys I work with has been a member of their site for 2 years and he asked me to put the post up. They said i had no intentions of being involved with any of the communities i was posting on, lol I'm a member of all of the ones I go on except that one. Oh, and you know that guy with mammoth games? He even came on our site and asked 4 of us to join them.

I would really like to continue posting on this site, as I believe that it ould be a fairly good way to gain programming skills.

Oh, and if you asked me any questions in there that you wanted answered lol just ask me again later, I've got like 12 hours sleep in the last 5 or 6 days so I'm a little whew lol I'm just out of it.