PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs Died...

azrael11
06-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Steve Jobs Died at 56... Rest In Peace.

Stoney
06-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Sad day indeed. Even though I haven't always agreed with some of the policies Apple introduced over the years, he coined the computer industry in a big way.

Ingemar
06-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Sad day indeed. Even though I haven't always agreed with some of the policies Apple introduced over the years, he coined the computer industry in a big way.

I agree. There were some odd policies under his command, like the infamous paragraph forbidding all languages but the few approved ones (fortunately lifted), but Jobs work really shaped much of modern computing. He put taste, usability and the ambition to make things perfect on the map. He could take new ideas and turn them into hot products like nobody else, with a feeling for what would and would not work.

I hope he has trained his successors well. He valued company culture, and if that culture survives him Apple can keep doing interesting things.

code_glitch
07-10-2011, 03:26 PM
No more 'one more thing' lines I guess... As much as I hate some of apples philosophy I must admit they did a lot of good to the technology industry... Lets hope apple keeps being apple and doesn't become mango-soft or something...