PDA

View Full Version : C++ defector

Voltare
19-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Hello. I'm totally new to programing, i'm 33, ( which means learning a new language---any language---- is gonna be more difficult for me). i started learning c++ about 5 months ago....and am still nowhere.
So, I downloaded the bloodshed devpascal compiler......because i was told that the new pascal is almost...if not as...powerfull as c++...and a whole lot easier. I say new pascal...because when i was a computer student in high school in the 80's...we used pascal a lot then.....has it changed drastically?how compatable with delphi is free pascal?can one make 3d games with it?3d modelers? I reckon i could find out myself just by opening the download.............

Harry Hunt
19-06-2004, 06:26 AM
Hi and welcome to the Delphi community!
I don't have much time right now so I'll make it quick (hope it's still enough info for ya):

1) Delphi is now object oriented, supports overloading, etc.
There's quite a lot of new stuff but if you know some Pascal, you'll still feel right at home.

2) Free Pascal can compile Delphi-style code, so it's quite compatible.

3) Yes, you can make 3d games and modellers with it. I don't know if there are any Direct3d header translations that are compatible with Free Pascal, but I'm pretty sure there are OpenGL headers for it.

Gotta go :P

Clootie
19-06-2004, 08:29 AM
3) Yes, you can make 3d games and modellers with it. I don't know if there are any Direct3d header translations that are compatible with Free Pascal, but I'm pretty sure there are OpenGL headers for it.
I'm sure DirectX headers located here: http://clootie.narod.ru/fpc/

Harry Hunt
19-06-2004, 04:38 PM
cool, didn't know you wrote a free pascal version of it. good job!

WILL
19-06-2004, 05:02 PM
I'm sure DirectX headers located here: http://clootie.narod.ru/fpc/
Clootie, has anyone ever told you "you da man"? ;)

Clootie
19-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Clootie, has anyone ever told you "you da man"? ;)
Sure :D