PDA

View Full Version : AlienThreat

StonedDude
20-11-2002, 07:05 PM
http://www.geocities.com/happybrother85
Click on the link to see screenshot!

:D This is game that I am making in Delphi with DelphiX set of components since 1.09.2002., that's for about 3 months.
Game at this stage has player,one type of enemy,some animated elements,collisions,it displays points and number of lifes left,explosions,music(one track in mp3 format),sound effects.
All 2D graphic has been created by me using 3DStudio MaxR3 and Photoshop 5. My main problem is that I have too slow computer for creating graphic content(I plan to buy new components soon).
If anyone can create graphics of alien ships he would be mentioned in the game's credits screen.
I would like to get some comments about the look of game, so please just look at the picture and tell me what do you think about it.
If anyone wants to help just let me know! :D

TheLion
20-11-2002, 09:50 PM
Looks very nice! :)
Even the graphics are cool! 8) Can't wait to play the game (or a demo)... :)

I am/was working on a similar project, however I started it as a training project and the graphics don't even come close to yours... so I'm not sure if I'll finish it ... :shock:

Traveler
21-11-2002, 10:47 AM
Looks like you have successfully used my tutorial :D

http://www.a-rosendal.com/images/space.jpg

StonedDude
21-11-2002, 05:39 PM
I was going to send you an e-mail to show you what I have done with help from your tutorial, but I couldn't find time!
Thanks!

Traveler
21-11-2002, 05:52 PM
That's allright :) I'm happy to see some people are actually using my tutorial as a basis for their own game.

I like the way you handled the graphics,... really nice work!
Keep me posted on your progress

StonedDude
23-11-2002, 05:28 PM
I have read about some library called SXLibrary or something like that, I have heard that with it you can load animations in DelphiX. Did anybody work with it, and is it able to play prerendered animations because I would like to create some animations before the game starts. :?:

Bobby
23-11-2002, 07:44 PM
You could probably just use the Mediaplayer for that :)