PDA

View Full Version : 3D in PowerDraw

Huehnerschaender
28-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Hi,

how do I draw something 3 dimensional in PowerDraw? I mean, we are already in 3D-mode, so it can't be that difficult...

Would be nice if someone can give me a piece of code how to draw a textured cube or something similar...

Thanks in advance for your time...

Greetings,
Dirk

Paulius
29-08-2004, 08:47 AM
There were some Direct3D examples with PowerDraw2.x

Huehnerschaender
29-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Oh, maybe I have overseen them, or are they not included in PowerDraw 3 Pre?
I will take a look at it....
Thanks again Paulius :)
Nice to have someone here who cares about the newbies :wink:

Huehnerschaender
29-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Ok, found the tutorials, but they dont work with PowerDraw 3 pre. They need DirectXGraphics.pas to compile and that file doesn't exist anymore.
Anyone know how to compile that stuff? Or is the difference between V2.42 and 3pre the reason why the tutorials are not included in 3pre???

LP
30-08-2004, 01:07 AM
3D can be done with PowerDraw in the similar way as its done with Direct3D headers (although PowerDraw simplifies the process of initialization and texture handling). However, PowerDraw is not primarily made for 3D stuff (although with InitDeviceEx method you can initialize it for 3D) and there are 3D libraries that handle the job much better so if you want to aim primarily on 3D - PowerDraw might not be a good choice.

Huehnerschaender
30-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Hi Lifepower,

I am aiming mainly for 2D, but I thought about making the 2D game look a little better. It's a game where the user has to roll dices, and at the moment, the different dice-points are only "sprites" which change while rolling.... Would be nice if the dice could be in 3D so it would look much better. For this I'd only need to draw primitives like a textured cube which is turning or something similar.
So the thing I am looking for is just a little "3D goodie" for my 2D game. The game itself is completely 2D stuff.