PDA

View Full Version : unable to load images in VTDBTool 3.0

Huehnerschaender
01-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Hi Lifepower,

I am just kidding around with your new components and found a problem while trying to use VTDB...

I have created all my in Corel Photopaint and saved them as BMP in 24 bit RGB format. All sizes are power of 2, maximum 256*256.

When I try to add such an image to a vtdb with VTDBTool 3.0 the following errors occur depending on settings:
:::: OPTIMIZED GRAPHICS ::::
add as 24 bit RGB, no Transparency:
- Access violation -> reading of address 00000000
add as 32 bit with 8 bit Alpha, use existing channel:
- picture is added, but appears in green shine
add as 32 bit with 8 bit Alpha, use transparency color:
- picture is added, but appears in black (only black square)
add as 16 bit -> same as 32 bit

As you can see, I am not able to add a single picture to a new created VTDB-File.
Old VTD-Files cannot be loaded...
So how can I experiment with the new components to test some things with them?

If I try LoadFromFile instead of LoadFromVTDB I get an exception "abstract error" when procedure LoadFromFile is called...

Greetings,
Dirk

LP
01-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Can you please send me the image you're trying to add (seems a very odd problem).

As for "abstract error", if you use TAsphyreImages, remember to assign the required "Device" (or use TPowerDraw.Images). Remember that TAsphyreDevice is an abstract class, as well as TAsphyreImage. To create an image that can be used with any of the specific devices (TAsphyreDevice2 or TAsphyreDevice3), use Device.NewImage() property to create a new image. I'm still working to make things easier and a lot of examples will follow.

Huehnerschaender
01-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Can't send attachments here...
E-Mail-Adress?

Huehnerschaender
01-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi LifePower.

Found something out.
I had an image saved with a delphi-component called Graphics32, because I wrote my own tool to tile bigger images than 256*256.
This image has no problems when loaded into VTDTool 3.0.

I took this image, loaded it in Corel Photopaint and saved it without changing it.

This new saved image cannot be loaded by your tool.

The strange thing in this is, that I can load Photopaint-images without problems in VTDTool 2.0.

Maybe this helps you finding the bug.

LP
02-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Fixed the bug that prevented 24-bit images being loaded or saved properly. I'm going to post the update soon (currently tring to rewrite the documentation).