PDA

View Full Version : Which compiler do you use?

User137
05-01-2012, 04:37 PM
It's time to see how many is still using Delphi. If using both, vote one that you see more fitting. Personally i have Freepascal and Delphi at the moment but Freepascal i want to focus on.

code_glitch
05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
An accurate description at this point in time: compared to delphi and others, FPC is winning by a small margin :)

chronozphere
05-01-2012, 07:14 PM
I think this makes perfect sense, since embarcadero doesn't really try to get hobbyists to use delphi. They should make a free version again. :)

marcov
05-01-2012, 07:37 PM
All three.

1. I use Free Pascal. Private and for small tooling at work.
2. At work, we use D2009 and DXE
3. I don't do games, and I also do some C :-)

I monitor the forum because we do image processing (have opengl display of images, SSE processing etc)

Carver413
05-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I supported Delphi from 3 to 6 but no more ,its fpc all the way. Some day I'll actually get a game engine going but for now I am working on a framework to build it on.

Andru
06-01-2012, 06:09 AM
FreePascal, no variants at all now. Delphi 7 was my last IDE and compiler when I studied :) Then few years of disappointment in new versions, a bit time of using Turbo Delphi with huge number of crashes/etc. Maybe now Delphi is a good IDE for Windows, but now I use this OS only for playing games as replacement of Playstation/Xbox and sometimes for testing my projects... :)

AirPas
06-01-2012, 07:42 AM
delphi and some times VC.net 2003 , i like delphi because of its clean and nice IDE .

I believe that every platform has its own tools for development .. ( this is against write once compile everywhere ..)

Cybermonkey
06-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Only Freepascal because my main platform is Linux.

WILL
07-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Since switching to a Mac I've been using Lazarus and Xcode exclusively. I did still have some game dev tools that were made out of older Delphi projects, but they will need to be ported which will require some work as I've gone through a few frameworks and even API since.

My future is looking towards Lazarus and Xcode for Apple App Store deployment and development. I may consider picking up Delphi once again should they release a native Mac OS X version, but that's looking to be in the somewhat distant future at this point. Long story short, I need the cross-platform capability to match the global gaming landscape if I want to make a serious release of my games in a way that will actually have more than a mere handful of potential players in the places I want to see my game projects go.