PDA

View Full Version : Daz3D free tools, grab while you can!

Eric
29-03-2012, 01:43 PM
http://www.daz3d.com/i/0/0

Offer includes Daz3D (aka Poser), Bryce & Hexagon, probably expires soon.

Haven't used them in years, but Poser & Bryce used to be quite decent, don't know about Hexagon, must be new or a renamed old product.

Daikrys
29-03-2012, 02:00 PM
its been a while since its free :)
saw offer last year so it must be 5-7month now dont remember well

Eric
29-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Darn! anyway, that could be useful for PGD Challenge :)

Btw, could there be a post/topic to reference and keep track of all similar free deals?
I'm sure there are others free 3D or game content editors out there.

User137
29-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Can't say that i was very pleased with Daz. Models cost money and that's the main idea behind the software. You can't actually do any 3D-modelling with it, it doesn't have that capability. What you can do is only limited by what you buy.

Eric
30-03-2012, 03:11 AM
You can't actually do any 3D-modelling with it
Hexagon is the modeler, looks capable enough.

Poser had a quite extensive bending model (combining skeletal animation with morphs), which you could use on existing shells. I don't know how much of that carried over to Daz.

paul_nicholls
30-03-2012, 03:55 AM
Downloaded! :D

czar
30-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Downloaded - really excited

nek minit

The software is very unstable.

Hexagon, moment I try to create a primitive it crashes.
Bryce won't even start, something about side-by-side configuration.

No wonder it is free. Not really a good introduction to their product range.

paul_nicholls
30-03-2012, 09:10 PM
I've only installed Hexagon - tried it a tiny bit and didn't crash (loaded models, and created an Icosahedron)

paul_nicholls
30-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Can't say that i was very pleased with Daz. Models cost money and that's the main idea behind the software. You can't actually do any 3D-modelling with it, it doesn't have that capability. What you can do is only limited by what you buy.

You can get some free models on their site...I had downloaded a whole bunch of different free stuff (models, bundles, etc.) in the past...

Eric
30-03-2012, 10:44 PM
I've only installed Hexagon - tried it a tiny bit and didn't crash (loaded models, and created an Icosahedron)
Yep, didn't crash here either, started from sphere, extruded a bunch of things from it, painted on the 3D model, got something ugly ;-)

pitfiend
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Today DAZ tools are free again and upgraded, also they have a free models section on their gallery!
https://www.daz3d.com/