PDA

View Full Version : Project Omorphia [Open Source]

BenBE
13-10-2004, 06:09 PM
The Project Omorphia is a Open Source project the aims to simplify the life of multimedia programming.

It will support many different graphics (OpenGL, DX, SDL) and audio (OpenAL, DirectMusic) interfaces without the need for the programmer to distinguish what interface he currently uses as the Omorphia Library will translate his commands transparently into the different interfaces.

But beside those transparency in the used library Omorphia will include many experts and extensions to the Delphi IDE that will ease the design of 3D Models, Levels and graphics.

Currently we (a team of about 5 active programmers) are at the very beginning of this project and are looking forward to new, willing members and supporters. Anybody that want's to join (and code some parts!!!) can contact me @ benbe@users.sourceforge.net or visit the project page at http://sf.net/projects/omorphia/ regardless of his knowledge if he feels himself to cope with this project.

BenBE.

WILL
14-10-2004, 01:46 AM
I think we have a new contender in the ring. ;)

Sounds like a very ambitious project. Indeed it would be great to have such an interface where you can concentrate on designing the game and not have to worry so much about support of different libraries to be able to reach out to a wider audience.

Please keep us all posted.

BenBE
14-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Well, Sure, I WILL :D

Our current progress is that we are importing the OGL headers and try to get OGL work well. The library already displayed our first pictures and is now adapted to replace our old "Add-Vector-by-Hand"-Code by objects that make up the objects.

ATM there's not much working yet, but we are hard working to change this :D

Current State: 226 Files, 29348 Lines, when rebuildung the package, 2 VCL Components, fastest determinant calculation proc possible (with with CPU independent code), math lib is tried to stay close to this ;-).

BenBE
28-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Well, there some news:

- Math Library is quite complete.
- Geometry unit is being extended extremely ATM
- Rendere will be implemented in its basics in the next few weeks
- Starting up with sound implementation
- We get a physics engine soon

Well, general problem: Too few active developers.
So: If somebody wants to join, just feel free contact me ...

BenBE
17-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi, I'm back again and there are another set of news you should know about our project:

First of all delfiphan (dph) has released a preview of the upcoming physics engine that is to be build into our engine. He's not completely done with writing the basic C++ version he'll port back to Delphi later on, but the current results look promising...

Another point to be added is that our debuggin subsystem greatly works even for applications not using Omorphia. It's just a set of about 10 LOC to be added to a project in order to use it ...

Also you might be interested in our VFS that uses virtual paths to access any files on disk or network connections (upcoming). It will be under developement in the next days as we are going to add support for opening files inside archives as if they were normal files on disk.

So there's lot action inside the project and we'd hoepe for some feedback. We are sorry for the missing english documentation at www.omorphia.org , but the source should be self-explainatory - if not feel free to ask ^^