PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial prize list

pstudio
14-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Since I have a few Steam keys lying around I don't need I spoke to WILL about donating them as prize for this challenge.

So if the winner (maybe runner-up) wants them I will gift the keys. And if someone else has something they want to give away they are welcome to add them to this list.

Game List:

Puzzle Agent
Eets
Gish
World of Goo
A.R.E.S
Altitude
Really Big Sky

Disclaimer: The games are meant as a bonus and I wont take responsibility if the game keys have expired or for some other reason don't work. Though luck :)

WILL
14-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Yup pstudio asked me if he could offer them up, so I said sure. This is not an official prize of the competition, but something that he is doing himself for the community. PGD is in no way controlling who gets what, that is all up to pstudio, but I think it's kinda cool. :)

paul_nicholls
15-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Very generous of you mate! :)

Ñuño Martínez
16-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Thank you very much. ;D

code_glitch
16-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Well, if I win, or get anywhere near that, I'm not really in any code challenges for the prizes - the experience and the fact of having both an aim, and a deadline tends to add feasibility back into my code so its a good refresher from drafting out weird and wonderful ideas and seeing if I can push my knowledge of Pascal to make it happen :) Hence my enthusiasm towards ludum dare, its not so much the 'what you can do' aspect of programming with large brainstorms but more of a down to earth, practical blitz, and thats fun.

Of course, theres the usual code recycling and importing from other projects and seeing just what it can be used for other than its original purpose and the quick and dirty fixes and 'hacks' one can do. fun XD

pstudio
30-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Well, if I win, or get anywhere near that, I'm not really in any code challenges for the prizes - the experience and the fact of having both an aim, and a deadline tends to add feasibility back into my code so its a good refresher from drafting out weird and wonderful ideas and seeing if I can push my knowledge of Pascal to make it happen :) Hence my enthusiasm towards ludum dare, its not so much the 'what you can do' aspect of programming with large brainstorms but more of a down to earth, practical blitz, and thats fun.

Of course, theres the usual code recycling and importing from other projects and seeing just what it can be used for other than its original purpose and the quick and dirty fixes and 'hacks' one can do. fun XD

I agree no one should enter this compo for the prizes. It is more about having fun doing what we enjoy. But since I have no use for these game codes I might as well offer them as a bonus to the winner if he'll accept them ;)

paul_nicholls
30-04-2012, 10:30 PM
I agree no one should enter this compo for the prizes. It is more about having fun doing what we enjoy. But since I have no use for these game codes I might as well offer them as a bonus to the winner if he'll accept them ;)

Prizes?!? There are prizes?!? hahahaha :D :P
Yeah, the fun factor and achivement is the most important, prizes are just bonuses :)

WILL
01-05-2012, 10:07 PM
I keep trying to have a prize-less competition, but there is always someone who is nice enough to ruin it for everyone who takes part. ;)

I think it's a really cool offering from pstudio and it makes me feel good about the giving spirit of the community.

de_jean_7777
02-05-2012, 12:25 PM
This was unexpected, but it's really nice from pstudio.