cairnswm
01-11-2004, 05:36 AM
Anyone had a look at

http://sdlcontrols.sourceforge.net/index.html

yet?

{MSX}
04-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Yes i looked them.
That controls are powerful. There's even a tool to draw forms that's incredibly similar to Delphi :P
The only problem i've found is some lack of documentation. For example i'd like a demo/tutorial on skinning, and also some information to use sdlcontrol with other program, ie integrating them in existing games/programs.

Also, i've had some problem in with cross platform compatibility, but i finally got them working on both linux and windows.

cairnswm
04-11-2004, 12:35 PM
That sounds great - I didn;t get them working in Windows :(

{MSX}
04-11-2004, 01:43 PM
That sounds great - I didn;t get them working in Windows :(

Make sure you have the latest package first. check on the site.
I've had problem with older version

cairnswm
05-11-2004, 04:42 AM
There seems to be only one download fromt he site so I have the latest version.

Maybe I'll come back to this later - for now I'm working on my S2DL instead.

savage
11-11-2004, 01:37 PM
cairnswm, are you using the latest v1.0 alpha release or are you still on the 0.5 release ( I think I may have asked you this before )?

SDLControls is built to work with the v1.0 release, if I am not mistaken. The latest alpha version( currently alpha 8 ) can always be downloaded from the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JEDI-SDL/files/JEDI-SDLv1.0/JEDI-SDLv1.0.zip

I plan to go into beta testing in December for a Jan 1 2005 offical release on the JEDI-SDL website and also the SourceForge site.

cairnswm
12-11-2004, 05:00 AM
OK - so its needs v1 of JEDI-SDL not ver 1 of SDLControls :)

No - I've got the 0.5 JEDI-SDL and have started using it with FreePascal's Lazarus environment.

I'll wiat a bit longer and give it a try in January then. I might try the JEDI-SDL v1. I will be on leave from Dec 20 to Jan 7 (Summer School holidays down here) and may have some time.