PDA

View Full Version : Oxigene and PS Vita

Relfos
30-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Hello, today I download the PS Mobile SDK, and I'm wondering, would it be possible to use Oxygene to develop games for PS Vita and PS3?
My idea is to put all Oxygene code into a DLL and then call the functions from C#.
Would it be possible to import/call the PS Mobile framework functions from Oxygene?
Anyone interested in making pascal games with PS Mobile?

Daikrys
01-10-2012, 03:06 AM
sounds interesting, does PS Vita got an indiestore? :)
was sure to had read something about it

pstudio
01-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Interesting. Didn't know PS Mobile was based on .NET/Mono?
I'll have to look into this, but if the SDK uses Mono to run the games on, I can't see why Oxygene shouldn't be usable.
But I know absolutely nothing about the SDK so as mentioned I'll have to look into it first.

WILL
03-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Not knowing what PS SDK is all about yet; You can now get Oxygene for .NET directly from RemObjects. They had, and might still have a sale of ALL 3 targets/editions of the compiler/IDE for a really good price.

You will be able to do Mac OS X and iOS development along with the managed .NET/Mono and interpreted (native for Android OS) Java all from one set of code and set of tools. Great set of tools for making games with all the popular platforms currently active today. It is missing the IDE for the Apple side of things, but I imagine that this will be taken care of in due time as "Nougat" (the Mac & iOS stuff) is still waiting for the beta to start.

As for consoles-proper, (Wii U, PS3, XBox 360, Nintendo DS, PS Vita, etc) I think that RemObjects just might be the guys to do it in a way that would make it practical and easy as they seem to be the most energetic and enthusiastic about pushing the envelope for newer platforms and other technology as tool developers. I would be excited to see if there was a marriage of Oxygene and consoles BEFORE official support was created.

I know XBox Live Arcade is a possibility with .NET and XNA right now.

Fire off some links and whatever conclusions you manage to find out. :)

Relfos
13-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Just to update this thread, I'm currently investigating porting of my game engine to support XNA, PSVita and .net in general. From what I've seen, it seems possible, but will take some time :)