PDA

View Full Version : Asphyre program in fullscreen on secondary monitor?

Huehnerschaender
12-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Hi there,

I am just writing an utility and the main thing is to run a configuration utility on the laptop TFT screen and a graphical tool showing some content on the secondary out-port of the graphic card.
I would like to use Asphyre to make the graphical tool, but when changing to fullscreen, it always switches to the TFT...
How can I prevent this?

LP
12-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Asphyre uses the default adapter in Direct3D mode. For software emulation mode, you can run it in windowed mode and then drag to another monitor. For Direct3D and full-screen, you have to initialize the device directly, use PDraw.Device.InitDeviceEx() method, in which you can specify which adapter to use (0 is the default adapter, 1 - secondary adapter, etc.)

Cheers,
Lifepower

Huehnerschaender
08-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Hello lifepower,

I've played around with it, but I am not able to init a device with this method. Could you please give a sample on how to do it exactly?
I took your sample program "prA-mitives" and tried to exchange the initdevice against initdeviceex by copying the content of initdevice and changing adapter to 1. Does'nt seem to work. I get the form but no Asphyre content.

Greetings ,

Dirk

snorga
08-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Any error codes?

Might be that your laptops gfxcard dont support Direct3D on sec. monitor?

Huehnerschaender
08-12-2004, 05:48 PM
I had no look on errorcodes, it was just a simple test.
I will make another try and take care of the errorcodes.