PDA

View Full Version : how long until the new merged site?

noeska
17-11-2004, 06:33 PM
How long do we have to wait for the new merged site?

What will be the contents? Board/News/Articles?

Could it also feature an wiki? Would be great for getting the book writing thing going on....

{MSX}
17-11-2004, 06:54 PM
How long do we have to wait for the new merged site?

What will be the contents? Board/News/Articles?

Could it also feature an wiki? Would be great for getting the book writing thing going on....

I agree on the wiki.
I'm looking forward to see the new site too :P
What about a nice preview ? :mrgreen:

Traveler
17-11-2004, 07:49 PM
WILL and I are aiming towards an early/mid December launch. The main sections are pretty much completed and at the moment we're working hard tweaking the details.

As mentioned in earlier posts by WILL, the site will have a news section a la DelphiGamer. There's also an article and library section and, of course, the messageboard.
Later on we will gradualy open new sections, like an 'image-of-the-week', a books section, links section and more.

About a preview, we've decided not to reveal anything till the opening, but I suppose we could be persuaded to give a hint or two :)

{MSX}
18-11-2004, 02:36 PM
About a preview, we've decided not to reveal anything till the opening, but I suppose we could be persuaded to give a hint or two :)

How can we persuade you ? :P I've no money nor a beautiful sister :P

noeska
18-11-2004, 04:47 PM
What will be the url? Will there be new one, or will the old ones redirect?

{MSX}
18-11-2004, 07:39 PM
What will be the url? Will there be new one, or will the old ones redirect?

www.pgdev.tk it's my guess :mrgreen:

If you go there, you'll find also some statistics about terraqueous.
If this is not an evidence... :D

Btw i don't like this .tk very much.. what about a nice .net or .org? Domains are not expensive in this days

Robert Kosek
19-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Though domains are no longer "expensive" they still cost us something. Personally ".tk" is cheaper, and therefore a better choice.

I think you hit the url on the head though. I'm itching to see the new site...

Traveler
19-11-2004, 10:06 AM
WILL and Savage are currently working out the hosting issues. I can't yet confirm the url, but pgdev.tk is indeed one of the options.

Personally ".tk" is cheaper, and therefore a better choice.

Though indeed a cheaper option, its certainly not the best. The main problem with a tk domain is that it doesnt remember cookie settings once you close the browser. Meaning you have to login every time you visit pgdev.

Eriken
07-12-2004, 12:34 PM
And to spread some rumours on the new site I'd say it looks great! ;)

Good job by Traveler, WILL and everyone else involved.. I'm impressed with what has been done considering the fact that there is some challenges with timezones and work and other things :) GOOD JOB!

And another thing I noticed in this thread is {MSX} funny comments and here is a nice copy and past of 2 lines (yes, of course out of context :twisted:) :

I've no money nor a beautiful sister :P
and

Domains are not expensive in this days

Maybe the "No money" problem is more common than you would think in the gaming industry.. :wink:

But seriously, .tk is a nice and quick solution for games and if you have a few it'll always cost abit to get domains for all your needs (well, not everyone needs several domains, but it sure is nice with .tk that way ;))
And it's easy to get others to fix domain problems if you should just disappear at some point, for the .net .org .com domains there is abit more of a hassle to get that done :)

And then again, I've bookmarked terraqueous for this forum, due to the cookie-problem ;) Can't have it all, can you? ;)

A new site, and post number 10000 coming up on this forum.. I'd say it's going to be a great month.. We should celebrate!
_____
Eriken

WILL
07-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Those that have terraqueous bookmarked, should change your URL as it will no longer be accessable by this address soon. When the new site is up, it'll be best to use either dgdev.tk or delphigamer.com until we get the new domain name.

{MSX}
10-12-2004, 11:55 AM
WILL and I are aiming towards an early/mid December launch.

It seems to me like the time has come.. :mrgreen:
Where's the site ?

Traveler
10-12-2004, 12:15 PM
It seems to me like the time has come.. icon_mrgreen.gif
Where's the site ?

If all goes well, it'be here within 73 hours :joker:

{MSX}
10-12-2004, 12:53 PM
If all goes well, it'be here within 73 hours :joker:

ok, you've now 72 hours and 55 minutes left :twisted:

MikeS
11-12-2004, 04:26 PM
At this moment I will start counting the seconds. I'm sooooo excited.

:D

{MSX}
11-12-2004, 07:11 PM
If i counted correctly, you've about 24 hours left :P

Btw what did you choose about the domain ? Will be the ,tk ?
What about the nice pgdev.net or .org that are avaiable ? :P
With aruba you can have php+mysql with 30 euros per year. If we put some money we could easily register it for 10 years and forget about it :P

Traveler
12-12-2004, 10:38 AM
if i counted correctly, you've about 24 hours left

hehe, You're counting the hours a bit too fast :). 73 hour is like three days, which means we'll go live on monday.

WILL and Savage are working on a domainname, but I don't think it'll be available when we go live, tomorrow.

savage
15-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Can anyone see these posts?

BlueCat
15-12-2004, 11:41 PM
yup :P

Firlefanz
16-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Hi!

Congrats to the new site, looks very good. :D

Firle