PDA

View Full Version : Are they always online ?! :P

{MSX}
29-11-2004, 08:01 AM
Hi!
It is happening something strange: every time i open this forum, i *always* find "cairnswm, Firlefanz" online.. This is happening for more than a week now.
Am i the only one who noticed this ? Are they really always online ? :D
I think there's something broken either in the forum or in my browser (but it's the same @ work)

Bye :mrgreen:

noeska
29-11-2004, 10:03 AM
are you always online :)
or are they online when you are?

Firlefanz
29-11-2004, 10:20 AM
I am online when I am online :D

Firle

{MSX}
29-11-2004, 10:40 AM
are you always online :)
or are they online when you are?

I'm online most of the day :P
No, i found them always online when i am too.
That's strange..
But does anyone noticed this too?

cairnswm
29-11-2004, 10:47 AM
When I am at work (7am to 5pm - GMT +2) I have a window open for DGDev. Its the most important site in my web life :)

When I get home I often am logged onto the internet from 8pm to 10pm and then I also have a DGDev window open :)

cairnswm
29-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Oh yes!

Post more stuff for us to answer to :)

(Easy stuff for me please)

Traveler
29-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Post more stuff for us to answer to :)

How 'bout these (http://terraqueous.f2o.org/dgdev/search.php?search_id=unanswered) :twisted:

cairnswm
29-11-2004, 12:56 PM
I said
Easy stuff :oops:

MikeS
29-11-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm always online too. ;)

I noticed cairnswm and Firlefanz the last two days. We even had 6 users on both times(including self) while I was surfing!

Go Delphi Gamer!

8)

WILL
30-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Traveler mooches off the site too, he's just shy. ;) lol

cairnswm, I can believe he'd be hanging around 24/7... watching.... waiting... :rambo:

Firle... hmm I dunno maybe he just keeps a page open and is just denying it. :D

I love the commitment! Keep it up guys! ;)

Firlefanz
30-11-2004, 07:11 AM
I am just looking from time to time if anything interesting happens, most time I watch the projects and off topic. :D

Firle

WILL
01-12-2004, 02:21 AM
Well then strike up a conversation then my friend. ;)

How about.... 'Why is Delphi 2005 so crappy?' :twisted:

Or... How about that Nokia smart phone virus that has been going around. The FIRST 'damaging' cell phone virus that has been created. Got a Nokia? :o

cairnswm
01-12-2004, 04:51 AM
I've got the Motoroal MPX200 - (I wanted to see what windows on aphone was like - anyone got FreePascal for it?)

But it doesn;t have bluetooth so I'm safe fromt he virus.

WILL
02-12-2004, 01:54 AM
Ah, lucky you. ;)

Know what the CPU is? 68k, Z-80, ARM?

cairnswm
02-12-2004, 05:14 AM
As far as I can find out:

single-chip Texas Instruments OMAP710 ARM processor

Does that mean I can use FreePascal? :o

WILL
02-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Hmm... you can always inquire...

To keep tabs on the FPC guys I go to the #fpc channel on irc.freenode.net. You can try to find a more local domain to connect through by googling.

But leave them a few comments/suggestions, they may say 'yep' they may say 'get bent' you never know. ;)

cairnswm
02-12-2004, 11:49 AM
I went and browsed freepascal site a bit.

Linux on ARM is supported not Windows Mobile

LP
02-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Indeed, this is the *same* image I see every time I log to DGDev, I really think it's having problems:
http://www.mor.itesm.mx/~al375780/who-online.gif

Firlefanz
02-12-2004, 03:05 PM
In total there are 6 users online :: 3 Registered, 1 Hidden and 2 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 37 on Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:45 pm
Registered Users: cairnswm, Firlefanz, tux

Seems to be okay for me. :D

Firle

Robert Kosek
02-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Seeing as you and cairnswm appear online all day with or with out posting, that's the problem. :)

Maybe you should try turning off the browsers and taking a walk... :joker:

{MSX}
02-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Indeed, this is the *same* image I see every time I log to DGDev, I really think it's having problems:
http://www.mor.itesm.mx/~al375780/who-online.gif

Yes, it's always that way! I think that if we cover almost all earth time zone, we can say that they're online 24h/day..
I think the board is broken.. also that hidden and the 2 guest are always visible

Robert Kosek
02-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Right now I see 4 user, 1 hidden, and 1 guest. But, I think Firlefanz and Cairn busted the board somehow :lol:

Traveler
02-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Right now I see 4 user, 1 hidden, and 1 guest.

Hmmm, I wonder who that hidden guy is :roll:

Robert Kosek
02-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Haha. Just 1 more reason to get PGD online! :wink:

WILL
03-12-2004, 01:21 AM
I bet I know who he is... :twisted:

I know and see all. MWAHAHAH...err.. yeah! :P

Don't worry guys, the new site shall be up rather soon and all of your 'Users Online' worries will just... float away... :)

cairnswm
03-12-2004, 04:59 AM
Weve been HACKED :)

I worked out where the database was stored. Created my own php script that every 2.45 seconds updates the user list and puts my name in there.

Every 4.34 seconds it checks if WILL is there and deletes him.

:twisted:

My understanding of web coding is that each user gets a session. When the user leaves the site (closes his browser) the session is cleared. What I think is happening here is that for some reason DGDev is expecting the browser to tell the site when the person leaves.

My notebook broke about 2 weeks ago and I now am using a desktop at work. I never switch it off and I ALWAYS have a DGDev window open. This means my browser is never telling the site whn I leave (because I AM always online)

Robert Kosek
03-12-2004, 05:26 AM
NOOOOOOooooooooo...... You HACKED a good site??? :roll: So it was you ... ROFL

cairnswm
03-12-2004, 06:40 AM
It was easy - see my web live tutorial in the tutorial section..... :twisted:

OK I mean it would be easy! I'm waiting for the new site and then I'll ask WILL for a latest messages page that displays just the threads for the last 24 hours (No headers etc, just text lines) - and then make a client app that will let you keep a window open all the time. Click on a link and it will open PGDev at the right page for you to read and reply.

WILL
03-12-2004, 07:21 AM
*NOW* he tells me he wants that... :roll:

:lol:

Well I can certantly see about it if you like. However I was planning on making a set of RSS feeds for both the news and forums. Does this make you want your thing more or less?

Aswell I was thinking about including a PDA type page thingy for those that would like to visit PGD with their portable devices. ;)

Firlefanz
03-12-2004, 07:26 AM
Maybe we are at work and take a look from time to time :wink:

Firle

cairnswm
03-12-2004, 07:44 AM
RSS is probably cool. I have read up on RSS feeds but havn't actually bothered writing one yet.

The problem with web page scrappers is all the other stuff - text formatting etc that just makes the downloads larger.

An RSS is fine - WHEN can I have it :) ? With Delphi I can even include the web browser in my app so we dont need IE. Click on alink on your desktop and it will open the page inside my app to allow you to reply....

Sound sgood.

(I didn;t ask before as I'd rather the site got finished before I start sticking my fingers intot he Pie. Do you have a host yet - CairnsGames is now theoretically an ISP and I can sell you a site for R50 ~$9 a month.... Php, mySQL or ASP with Access. One email address included :twisted:. Then I dont need to hack it anymore. Can be hosted in South Africa or in the USA- http://www.gam.co.za/dealers/packages.php for details)

cairnswm
03-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Ok just checked - its R40 per month, can include php nuke and bb for free (which is what I think you have been modifying...)

I could also include it on CairnsGames site but I dont have mySQL as its an Access database site.