PDA

View Full Version : BeRoTracker

BeRo
16-12-2004, 04:08 PM
I wrote a tracker in delphi, you can check it at http://www.berotracker.de

The features of BeRoTracker:

* Own playerengine (written in pure object pascal, too)
* It's modular!
* Loads MOD XM S3M IT MT2 IMF BRT 669 STM MTM WOW OKT
* Saves MOD XM S3M IT and my own format BRT
* VST/VSTi support
* BTP/BTPi support (my own VST/VSTi alternative)
* Automations (incl. VST/VSTi/BTP/BTPi parameter automations)
* Extended instruments (for example: you can assign a VSTi/BTPi directly to a instrument without the normal way over the MIDI instrument settings, but this does in my tracker too)
* Drum Patterns
* IIRLowPass/IIRHighPass/FIRLowPass/FIRHighPass/FIRBandPass/FIRNotch Filter
* Extra cutoff AND resonance instrument envelopes!
* LFO for each instrument envelope!
* Extended instrument envelopes
* supports 8/16/24/32 Bit & 32Bit FloatingPoint Mono/Samples Samples
* Raw/Linear/CubicSpline/WindowedFir/PolyphaseFir/Sinc8/Sinc16/Sinc32/Sinc64/Sinc128/Sinc256/Sinc512/Sinc1024 Resampling
* a high quality 32-bit floating point mixer
* extended automatic click removal
* Extended pattern editor with more columns (extra Pan&Filter colums)
* Piano Roll Editor
* MIDI In
* MIDI Out
* Up to 255 base channels
* Up to unlimited NNA channels
* Up to unlimited drum channels (Drum Patterns)
* WAV export (up to 192 kHz, 8/16/24/32 bit/32bit floating point)
* MIDI export (incl. midi macros)
* can import & export all modplug tracker extenstions correctly (sorry, ModPlug-junkies :laugh: )
* extended effects (for example: you can assign directly a effect number to a VST/VSTi/BTP/BTPi parameter)
* complete written/coded in object pascal (Delphi/FreePascal) include playerengine
* My playerengine is extremly easy portable for other systems (with FreePascal) but the tracker itself is win32 only yet, but I will write a portable version later..
* VSTi version of this tracker is also ready too ;)
* and and and ...

Traveler
17-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Very impressive!

WILL
22-08-2005, 09:18 PM
How come noone has paid attention to this? :)

You a tracker BeRo?

JSoftware
22-08-2005, 09:23 PM
i have somewhere near to no idea what it is but it looks Very! impressive.. :wink:
Some sort of midi/mod-style player?

WILL
22-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Close... but not quite. In fact a 'Tracker' is a program that musicians use to write MODs. You compose, playback and manage all your MODs in it. It originates from the old demoscene on the Amigas and C64s and eventually brought over to the PC. (late 80s/early 90s) They would sometimes call the musicians that used these mod trackers 'Trackers' themselves, which could get a little confusing.

It's actually great that such a project exists in the Pascal world. This is a great tool for game development, simply because if youwant to find good musicians that will do your music for free for for a nice low low cost, 'trackers' actually like making music and for the promise of enjoyment are most likely more than willing. Promise to pay them... well think starving artist. ;)

WILL
23-08-2005, 12:20 AM
I've made a news post about this. And so the author knows, I;ll be following it's progress very closely. ;)

WILL
29-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Tried to post this on the BeRoTracker forums, but it won't register me. :P

Hey... is the 'Classic' Interface version up-to-date? If not, please keep this one active. Simply because it gives MUCH BETTER performance, which is needs for real-time composing...

Otherwise it's like trying to write music with Notepad. :P

I think that the Classic is great, and as much as I liked the original IT GUI... I can live without it if you would only pump in the same hotkey configuration as the original.

It would be perfect if; Keep the visual components, they are fine, BUT the F# keys should be used to switch between 'screens' like the original Impulse Tracker. Also allow the entire program to be manipulated by the keyboard exactly like IT had.

Having to break your whole hand away from the keys to grab the mouse is fustrating when you are in 'mid-compose' rather than take a second to reach one finger over, *tap* and back at it. :)

My best friend, who composes some great stuff has made these very complaints to me about... well... just about EVERY tracker's GUI out there. He has even worked with some of the old 'sceners' in the past. Back when Future Crew was king. ;) So, I trust him when he tells me this stuff.