PDA

View Full Version : View topic page has top 5cm of blank page

Sly
17-12-2004, 03:28 AM
Using Firefox 1.0 on Windows XP, whenever I view a topic I get 5cm of blank page above the 'Pascal Game Development' machine image. I'd post a screenshot but FTP is banned here at work and we cannot attach files to posts in this message board.

SnowBike
17-12-2004, 10:16 PM
I see it here too using IE 6 on Win2k. I could post a screen-shot if someone can tell me where to send it.

Also before the page draws, there is a white page with 7 or 8 "Warning" error messages on it. It goes by too quickly to capture with a screen shot, but I found it in my browser cache and I can send that along too if you want it.

sb

Robert Kosek
17-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Here's your error, boyz:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site61/web/viewtopic.php:1) in /home/sites/site61/web/includes/sessions.php on line 293

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site61/web/viewtopic.php:1) in /home/sites/site61/web/includes/sessions.php on line 294

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site61/web/viewtopic.php:1) in /home/sites/site61/web/viewtopic.php on line 577

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site61/web/viewtopic.php:1) in /home/sites/site61/web/includes/page_header.php on line 750

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site61/web/viewtopic.php:1) in /home/sites/site61/web/includes/page_header.php on line 752

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site61/web/viewtopic.php:1) in /home/sites/site61/web/includes/page_header.php on line 753

savage
17-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Hi guys,
Thanks for the feedback, we were aware of it and we are looking into sorting out those warning as well. Seems to be a server specific thang.

Typical new site teething problems.

Useless Hacker
18-12-2004, 12:27 AM
When I click on the new post icon (i.e. http://www.pgd.netstarweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=1693&view=newest), the page doesn't load at all, but I get the same error as above:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site61/web/viewtopic.php:1) in /home/sites/site61/web/includes/functions.php on line 877

Edit: Also, [url] tags don't seem to work with relative links.

Legolas
18-12-2004, 12:40 PM
A couple of hints...

While the header problem isn't resolved you can put error_reporting(E_NONE) or error_reporting(0), that eliminates all error and warning messages from the output.

Another hint could be to put at the top of your function file this code:

if (eregi("functions.php",$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])) {
Header("Location: ../index.php");
die();
}

that prevents direct loading of your function file by redirecting to main page.

savage
18-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Can anyone still see a 5cm blank space at the top of the pages?

After scouring the phpBB forums looking for the most unlikely thing it turned out the viewtopic.php had a carriage return at the end of the file. I removed it, re-uploaded it to the site and presto problem solved.

For all you php fans out there. I think this is probably due to developing on Win32 and then having the site run on Linux/Unix.

If you notice anything else curious, let me know.

Robert Kosek
20-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Looks fixed to me. Good work. :D